Great News! As founder of TheSingleMomClub.com, I have been recognized for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award by my fellow blogging diva Jessica at Celebrity Baby Magazine Parent Blogger Network. I am filled with gratitude, love and light with this recognition, especially as I have so much admiration for parent bloggers.
To accept this award, here are the things I need to do:
1. Thank and link the amazing person(s) who nominated you.
2. List the rules and display the award.
3. Share seven facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated. (I am going to list them and leave their participation optional, as I know things can be really crazy for people, but I just couldn’t not list you all).
5. Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Seven Fun Facts About Me:
1) I am totally, completely in-love with my child. I adore sitting back and watching my kiddo without getting caught. The learning process of children is absolutely fascinating, but only if they don’t know you’re watching. Then, there is hell to pay, self-esteem to rebuild and a lot of pinky promises made.
2) If I wasn’t a writer, I would have liked to become a full-time waitress or work in food service. I’m not talking about saying “Kiss my grits” every morning because when I make grits they are always lumpy. But, I adore the food service industry and restaurants with food prep kitchens that can be seen from the dining room floor.
3) I have absolutely no tattoos and totally have no desire to have one. I did pierce my nose in college but it closed up when I took it out for a job interview which proved I wasn’t doing it for the right reasons anyway.
4) I am a FREEBIE magnet. I literally have at least 2 freebies coming to my house at least twice a week. I love blogging conferences for the same reason because I can engage with the product reps, learn about new designs, flavors, styles, etc. I am so fascinated with how they get the products from concept to design to the store.
5) My patience is not my virtue.
6) I used love to laugh, but now that I’m a mom I’d just settle for laughing in my sleep. I really, really like sleep and sometimes I laugh too much if I don’t get enough of it.
7) I’m a mommy blogger who never watches the noon or evening news. I hate it even though I worked at many television stations in the past. Now, I prefer my news directly from bloggers like you.
BLOGS I FOLLOW
9) Swiffer Mom
12) Mini Monets and Mommies (her smores’ recipe was just too awesome)
13) La Familia Cool (she’s funny, down to earth and all around awesome)