Thoughts of autumn often conjure up images of brightly-colored leaves, crisp, cool air and trick-or-treating. But for fashionistas, this time of year brings visions of something much more exciting – fall shoes! Who doesn’t love a great pair of boots or a funky sneaker? Not to mention that closed-toe shoes allow us to re-allocate the funds from our summer pedicure budget to our winter shoe budget! Ha!
Moms Have Limitations
As always though, dressing for moms is different than that of any other creature on earth. Moms have a serious list of limitations too plentiful to list here, but what it boils down to is functionality, comfort, versatility, price (the lower the better) and style (which is just as important as all the others but is all to often neglected).
We’ve Done the Shopping For You
We’ve carefully curated a chic collection to meet all your needs from business dinners to a trip to the zoo. They’re all on-trend so you’ll look polished and put-together in even the most informal situations.
It’s a Boot Free-For-All
And one last thing regarding boots. It’s a rare time in fashion history when anything goes and right now is that time for boots. Just about any heel height (from flats to wedges to cowboy heels to stilettos) and any boot height (bootie, ankle boot, riding boot, over-the-knee) works.
1.Coconuts Rifle Boots ($54.99/Famous Footwear): You don’t have to be a cowgirl to wear these boots; they’ll look cool and modern on even the most urban of us.
2. Merona Kadence Wedge Ankle Boot ($34.99/Target): If you want a little height with more stability than a heel, look no further than a stylish wedge.
3. Women’s Tassel Rain Skimmer Shoe ($29.99/Target): Navigate the puddles without getting soaked in a cute pair of rain loafers.
4. Tommy Hilfiger Brinley Bootie ($79.95/DSW): A feminine interpretation of a classic menswear look, these gorgeous heeled oxfords will make you feel as sexy as you look.
5. Zara Ballerina Shoe ($79.90/Zara): Pair these blue leopard print flats with jeans, khakis or an a-line skirt for a thoroughly modern ensemble.
6. Chelsea Crew Rush Hour Boot ($44.94/DSW): A pair of black flat boots this cute and versatile is sure to become a wardrobe staple.
7. Lace-Up Brogue Combat Boot ($45.50/Charlotte Russe): It’s impossible to look any less than sophisticated in a pair of riding boots.
8. Distressed Zip-Back Combat Boot ($42.50/Charlotte Russe): Madonna may have started the lace-up boot trend in the eighties but it’s back with a vengeance and this time, it’s not just for teenagers.
9. Standout Chained Booties ($39.80/Forever 21): The shiny finish on these boots make them look much more expensive than they are.
10. Mia Nashville Bootie ($54.95/DSW): If you’ve always wanted to try red shoes but were afraid, these burgundy ankle boots are the perfect solution.
11. H&M Sneakers ($24.95/H&M): Fall in love with these uber-chic kicks (we did!) that are both versatile and unique.
12. Sorel Joan of Arctic Wedge Mid Boot ($240/Sorel): You can’t put a price on warmth, comfort AND style. Sure, these might cost a pretty penny but when it comes to keeping toasty and dry it is worth spending the extra money.